The-Eternal-Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID

4 posters

Go down

Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID Empty Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID

Post  WSPSNIPER Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:14 pm

ok nico showed me this algorithm for taking an id and finding the clipping coords and after working it backwards to use coords to get an id i understand it fully and would like to share it with you guys

Code:

int id = 5;
int sheetW = 512;
int sheetH = 512;
int frameW = 32;
int frameH = 32;

vec clip(id%(sheetW/frameW)*32, id/(sheetH/frameH)*32);

// and to get the id from the clip you go
Code:

// it took me a while to come up with this lol :P
int x = 130;
int y = 46;
int sheetW = 512;
int sheetH = 512;
int frameW = 32;
int frameH = 32;

x -= x%frameW;
y -= y%frameH;

int id = ((y/frameH)*(sheetH/frameH))+(x/frameW)

so now you can use an id to represent a clip on a sheet, it is much more efficent than iterating and checking for collision

oh and i just used variables so you could see what the numbers represented Very Happy
WSPSNIPER
WSPSNIPER
Admin

http://www.theeternalquest.comze.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID Empty Re: Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID

Post  Admin Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:09 am

I would just like to add that my previous method was shit and I was introduced to this algorithm by Ginto8 from the moosader board so you can thank him Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eternalquest.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID Empty Re: Getting Sprite Clip Coords from an ID

Post  WSPSNIPER Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:25 am

Admin wrote:I would just like to add that my previous method was shit and I was introduced to this algorithm by Ginto8 from the moosader board so you can thank him Wink

ok ill be sure to thank him Very Happy
WSPSNIPER
WSPSNIPER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eatcomics Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Ginto is awesome... I think he deserves a medal... Darn 13 y/o geniuses

I swear to god he's going to invent interplanetary space travel one of these days, or maybe immortalitiy IDK but it will be big
eatcomics
eatcomics
God

Back to top Go down

Post  WSPSNIPER Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:19 pm

eatcomics wrote:Ginto is awesome... I think he deserves a medal... Darn 13 y/o geniuses

I swear to god he's going to invent interplanetary space travel one of these days, or maybe immortalitiy IDK but it will be big

i think he will find a way to divide by zero and it will cause a black hole and the end of the world lol!
WSPSNIPER
WSPSNIPER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:04 am

WSPSNIPER wrote:
eatcomics wrote:Ginto is awesome... I think he deserves a medal... Darn 13 y/o geniuses

i think he will find a way to divide by zero and it will cause a black hole and the end of the world lol!

5 / 0 = 0
8 / 0 = 0
44 / 0 = 0

Razz Peice of cake!

EDIT:

0 / 0 = SHIT A BLACK HOLE!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WSPSNIPER Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:20 am

Admin wrote:
WSPSNIPER wrote:

5 / 0 = 0
8 / 0 = 0
44 / 0 = 0

Razz Peice of cake!

EDIT:

0 / 0 = SHIT A BLACK HOLE!!!

5/0 is not 0 lol.. it cant be done ... yet!

if you dont believe me just type in 5/0 on in your calculator ... you will get Error
WSPSNIPER
WSPSNIPER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eatcomics Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 pm

It can't be done because its actually infinity... because there is an infinite number of zeros in every number... because zero added to itself is always still zero, so it goes on forever....

Its not so much you can't divide by zero as the fact you can't express the number that you get when dividing by zero... and its useless to divide by zero...

so if (!n == 0) n/0 = ∞

0 divided by zero though is 1 I do believe... there is exactly 1 nothing in nothing
eatcomics
eatcomics
God

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:43 pm

My head hurts.... Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eatcomics Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:28 pm

Admin wrote:My head hurts.... Sad
That's good, it just means I'm right
eatcomics
eatcomics
God

Back to top Go down

Post  dandymcgee Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

eatcomics wrote:
Actually when trying to find a limit you're usually happy to see 0/0 or inf/inf because then you can just use L'Hopital's Rule to substitute and solve.

dandymcgee
New comer

Back to top Go down

Post  eatcomics Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:20 pm

dandymcgee wrote:
eatcomics wrote:
Actually when trying to find a limit you're usually happy to see 0/0 or inf/inf because then you can just use L'Hopital's Rule to substitute and solve.
I uh... knew that, was uh, just going to say that right now, you just beat me to it lol

^that was all theoretical and I basically wrote it on the fly, no thought required xD
eatcomics
eatcomics
God

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum